Welcome to the Pinellas County School's Performing Arts website. Pinellas County has a long history of strong performing arts programs.
- Elementary general music offered at all schools.
- Band programs are offered in all middle and high schools.
- Choral programs are offered in all middle and high schools.
- Nationally recognized band and choral programs.
- Orchestra is growing steadily and offered in select elementary, middle and high schools.
- Guitar programs offered at most high schools and some middle schools throughout the district.
- Alternative ensembles, steel drums and percussion ensembles offered at many schools.
- Music technology, composition, offered at many schools.
- Elementary, Middle and High School performing arts magnet schools.
Kevin Ford - Finalist
Kevin Ford, band director and founder of the Leadership Conservatory for the Arts at Tarpon Springs High School, has been named one of five finalists in the 2015 Florida Department of Education – Macy’s Teacher of the Year Program. Ford is Pinellas County Schools 2014 Outstanding Educator of the Year. Officials with the FLDOE notified Ford of his finalist status during a surprise visit to Tarpon Springs High this morning. Read the whole story HERE.
This Week in Performing Arts
May 12 - May 18, 2014
Spring Drama Productions
Check out performing arts calendar
FMEA Board and Component Meetings
NEW All State Prep Project
New All State Preparation Project!
We are excited to announce a new All State Preparation Project for Pinellas County accomplished instrumental students.
This project is a partnership between Pinellas County Schools and St. Petersburg College.
See the attached Application more information.
The Performing Arts Department announces the summer MusicTip trianing schedule. All courses are listed on LMS. All trainings will be held at Safety Harbor Middle School 8:30-3:30.
TI:ME 1B Technology-Assisted Learning and Digital Media
Date: June 9-12, 2014 8:30-3:30 Safety Harbor Middle
This is the second half of TI:ME level one certification.
You cannot take any level two courses until you have
completed this course and received TI:ME Level One Certification.
Trainer: Dr. Steven Estrella
TI:ME 2A iPads in the Classroom
Date: June 23-26, 2014 8:30-3:30 Safety Harbor Middle
This course was highly requested in our survey.
Trainer: Dr. Floyd Richmond
TI:ME 2C Integrating Curriculum
Date: June 30- July 3, 2014 8:30-3:30 Safety Harbor Middle
Finally, this is the last course for level two certification and the only required course.
We are offering this because so many of our teachers have taken the
required two level two courses but need this one to complete level two certification.
Trainer: Dr. Floyd Richmond
Limited space so sign up ASAP!